Sunday, May 16, 2010

The color of water...


As I mentioned before, I mainly paint in oil. Watercolors scare the bejesus out of me. I love them...they just scare me!!! I mentioned this to a fellow artist recently, and was relieved to hear that I was not the only one!! Before I knew what I was doing, almost sub-conciously, I unpacked my water color supplies, and got to work. The very next day, I saw a bumper sticker that said "Do one thing a Day that scares you.".....so there ya go!!


I have always admired paintings of glass ware of any kind. I tried my hand yesterday at a wine glass of water. I was happy with the result. I resisted the temptation to "overwork" it, and maybe quit it early...but I am trying to simplify in my watercolor lessons, and to get back to sketching. ALL I did when I was in school

1 comment:

  1. good idea ..this looks very good beth .. your oil portraits are really wonderful

    ReplyDelete